Thai Bodywork In a Nutshell
I understand what you've heard and seen may give you the picture that I will bend you like a pretzel. While it's true that stretching is involve, I will not take you past a comfortable limit. Going beyond that is not productive for what we are trying to achieve. I always encourage you to tell me any discomforts during the session (pressure, stretch, or otherwise) as they may be indicators of other items to address.
Before your session:
- Please were clothes that allow full range of motion, think yoga or athletic wear
- You will receive a digital intake form to fill out. This will let me know what is troubling you and any issues I need to be aware of
- You will receive a confirmation email with address, but if not; 4470 Westbrook Drive, Aurora, IL one block south of Fox Valley Mall behind the Aldi and AAA
- Thai bodywork sessions are fully clothed
- Various stretching and trigger point release techniques will be used
- Sessions are done on a large floor mat
- We will conduct various range of motion tests and assessments during the session to identify issues. Then I'll apply techniques and retest for results
- I will use my hands, feet, knees, and elbows to apply appropriate amounts of pressure to the muscles being worked on
- There is a chance for soreness afterwards, though from what I've heard, is that the soreness is less than that of a deep tissue massage.
- I will reach out to you to see how you are feeling after a day or so